Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Freezer Hell (a place where debts go to die..)

I am beginning to think that shoving all of my bills into the freezer may not be that bad of an idea. I had an ex-boyfriend whose alcoholic father used to do this and I could never figure out why. However, at this moment, I am starting to see how his actions could be a logical thought. Right now, I desperately want to stuff all of my expenses, out of sight and out of mind, into a cold, frosty isolation and pretend like they don't even exist. (I suppose there are a few people who I would also like to do this to as well, but that's aside from the point.) Being an adult sucks.

Today, I finally got the lock on my mailbox repaired and was able to retrieve my mail after a week of snail mail lock out. Much to my dismay, upon opening the metal cage, an avalanche of bills and expenses fell at my feet. This happened after I discovered a 10-day-old stack of mail in the backseat of my car and after I got the ungodly car repair estimate for fe 2.0's damages. Universe, thank you for the early birthday gift of debt and a damaged car. Really, you shouldn't have...

So, what do you do when life chucks lemons your way? I suppose you dodge them, keep calm, and clean up the mess before it gets sticky.. (Somehow this sounded better in my head, but regardless..) I think tomorrow I shall grab a bottle of wine and get intimate with Turbo Tax to get the ball rolling on my tax return. Either that or try my hand at extreme couponing... Until then, I am going to postpone my panic with procrastination (this is the "keep calm" part of the solution) and enjoy a few more episodes of Arrested Development while feasting on girl scout cookies. (Mmm.. samoas.)


I know exactly how you feel, random google image of a person paying bills.. 


2 comments:

  1. You may also try to cut down on expenses on dining and clothing. I know its easier said than done .. but good luck.

    And, here is an early birthday wish. Hope it is memorable and fun! Take care.

    ReplyDelete